Que.76 What are the important specifications of BJT?
- Maximum collector dissipation, PD.
- High current gain β (hFE).
- Collector cut-off current, ICEO.
- Collector saturation voltage, VCE (sat).
- Collector to emitter cut off voltage, VCEO.
- It has a small-signal current gain, α (hfb).
- Maximum collector current IC(max).
- Maximum collector to emitter voltage, VCE (max).
- Collector to emitter breakdown voltage, BVCBO.
- Base emitter saturation voltage, VBE (sat).
Que.77 What are the important features of FET in comparison to BJT?
- FET is a majority carrier device it has no minority careers, unlike BJT, hence it is a less noise noisy device.
- There is no leakage current in FET, therefore, the temperature effect on the device is very less or we can say FET is having better thermal stability than BJT.
- FET has zero offset voltage, so it can work as an excellent signal chopper because of the zero offset voltage.
Que.78 What do you know about MOSFET?
Answer: Metal oxide semiconductor field-effect transistor-
- it is also known as a voltage-controlled capacitor.
- MOSFET is an integrated circuit that is fabricated by VLSI designing using planar technology.
- In planar technology, the entire MOSFET is fabricated on the same plane.
- In N channel MOSFET, the substrate is p-type
- In P- channel MOSFET, the substrate is n-type.
- In depletion MOSFET, there is a pre-existing channel.
- It is widely used as a switch in the digital circuit.
Que.79 How NMOS is better than PMOS?
- NMOS is faster than PMOS.
- NMOS has a higher package density , so it can store a large amount of information in this smaller area.
- To get equal performance as NMOS, PMOS requires 2 times the area of NMOS.